Re:The Moon

  • Martin Slowey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 1999
      There is one interesting thing I heard about the Russian space programme.At one point they were considering taking a nuclear warhead up to the Moon.They were then going to set it off on the lunar surface to prove they had been there.
      I think a Russian getting to the moon first would meant America would probably try to better this and the most immediately obvious way would be to establish a permanent lunar base.If the USSR had been able to maintain their space programme and keep in the race with America they might both have bases on the Moon today.

      Martin