what if the AHL Cleveland Barons was accepted in the NHL?

  • Stephane Dumas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2013
      A little time for an alternate history thread in the world of sports. I spotted a interesting thread who gived me the idea of a "sports what if?".

      The original incarnation of the Cleveland Barons of the AHL (American Hockey League) who played from 1937 to 1973 once applied to be in the NHL in 1952.
      http://news.google.ca/newspapers?id=rYItAAAAIBAJ&sjid=aZkFAAAAIBAJ&hl=fr&pg=6967%2C2177508

      The NHL refused, but what if the NHL accepted the AHL Cleveland Barons in the NHL in 1952?

      Stéphane Dumas
    • Timothy McFadden
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2013
        Why not a happy ending timeline here?
        something like "Art Modell takes over the Barons and is beaten to death by enraged hockey fans in 1958"
        See? Happy ending!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2013
          well might we present our alternate history then
          http://www.todayinah.co.uk/index.php?story=39610-L3
          of what happens next after Taft wins the Cleveland Mayoralty in 1967...