RE: [alternate-history] What if: Confederate Delegates at the Paris Peace Talks in 1919..

  • Rurri Heakin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010

      Well unless, the Union or the Confederates are going to send troops, to keep the Rhineland. To protect Czechslovakian republic. Versailles is pretty much the same
      Now if either or both recognise Ireland

      To: alternate-history@yahoogroups.com
      From: althistorian@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 01:20:57 +0000
      Subject: [alternate-history] What if: Confederate Delegates at the Paris Peace Talks in 1919..

      What if the former belligerents of the American Civil War clashed at the Versailles Peace Conference over the same issues?

      In 1919, the first day of the Great Power negotiations in the Salle de l'Horloge at the French Foreign Ministry ran into immediate trouble with the Union and the Confederacy sharply disagreeing over territory and self-determination, the very same disputes that had raged at the conclusion of the American Civil War...

      Continues at .. http://www.todayina h.co.uk/index. php?story= 39465-Z10

    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
        Part 2:

        In 1921, two years after the Confederacy sought to regain the so-called "occupied territories" at Versailles, the Great Powers conducted further round table talks at the Washington Naval Conference. This time around the goal was to defuse the great naval arms race that was threatening the fragile world peace that had existed since the end of the Great War.

        The Story continues at .. http://www.todayinah.co.uk/index.php?story=39764-M

        --- In alternate-history@yahoogroups.com, Rurri Heakin <rurr2@...> wrote:

        > Well unless, the Union or the Confederates are going to send troops, to keep the Rhineland. To protect Czechslovakian republic. Versailles is pretty much the sameNow if either or both recognise Ireland
        >

        > To: alternate-history@yahoogroups.com
        > From: althistorian@...
        > Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 01:20:57 +0000
        > Subject: [alternate-history] What if: Confederate Delegates at the Paris Peace Talks in 1919..

        > What if the former belligerents of the American Civil War clashed at the Versailles Peace Conference over the same issues?
        >

        > In 1919, the first day of the Great Power negotiations in the Salle de l'Horloge at the French Foreign Ministry ran into immediate trouble with the Union and the Confederacy sharply disagreeing over territory and self-determination, the very same disputes that had raged at the conclusion of the American Civil War...
        >

        > Continues at .. http://www.todayinah.co.uk/index.php?story=39465-Z10

      • Thomas Roche
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12, 2013
          Are you still on this list, Ruiri?

          Dr. Thomas P. Roche
          Teacher of Classical Languages
          Aquidneck Island Christian Academy
          321 East Main Road
          Portsmouth, RI 02871
          (W)401-849-5550
          (C)508-212-1491
          thomas.rocheATyahoo.com
          (my opinions are solely my own)

          To: alternate-history@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 14, 2013
            Turtledove's Great War series is a pretty good analysis of what WWI might have looked like with an independent CSA around, IMO.

            NIce to see you again.  I apologize for my not having been a more active participant in my own list, but it is good to see it still attracting some contributors, nonetheless.  Indeed, email lists themselves seem to be markedly less frequented nowadays, like it or not.

            tr