What if Port Royal (Canada) was rebuilt?

  • Stephane Dumas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      in 1605 Champlain established the community of Port-Royal in present Nova Scotia, Canada and was burned in 1613 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Royal%2C_Nova_Scotia
      what if Port-Royal was rebuilt from the ashes after the fire?

      Stéphane Dumas
    • Amina Arraf
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
        the link is confusing;
        it says that the site was destroyed in 1613 but then
        refers to it being a french base in 1690, etc

      • derhexer@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
          In a message dated 6/1/2008 6:59:02 A.M. Central Daylight Time, stephdumas@... writes:
          in 1605 Champlain established the community of Port-Royal in present Nova Scotia, Canada and was burned in 1613 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Royal%2C_Nova_Scotia
          what if Port-Royal was rebuilt from the ashes after the fire?
          I'm interested in why you think that history would be different?

          Chris

        • Stephane Dumas
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
            >I'm interested in why you think that history would be different
            >Chris

            In 1608 Champlain founded Quebec City and it became a important city over the years, maybe Port-Royal would had a fate similar to Quebec City

            Stéphane Dumas