18918Re: [alternate-history] Vengence weapon attacks against Normandy?

  • derhexer@aol.com
    Mar 8 5:48 PM
      In a message dated 3/8/2006 1:25:10 AM Central Standard Time, aron_gameyell@... writes:
      I heard stories that there were plans to use V1 and V2's against the
      allied beach-head at Normandy.

      Another possibility is what if the attacks had begun before D-day and
      were aimed at the build of allied forces.

      Could this have effected the outcome of the war?
      If the invasion fleet had been heavily damaged, Eisenhower might have delayed the invasion.  The Allies might have been bogged down far from the Rhine when winter weather started.  We could then have seen the Russians gaining control of a larger part of Germany, possibly even Russian forces on the east bank of the Rhine.

      Chris
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic