Re: Asp.Net Mvc Source Available

  • tarinbvii
    Message 1 of 66 , Mar 24, 2008
      First rule of Microsoft Internal Mocking Framework (from here on out
      referred to as IMF) is that you do not talk about the IMF.

      (See Also: "In Soviet Russia Internal Framework Mocks you.")

      ::snicker::

      --- In altdotnet@yahoogroups.com, "Derik Whittaker" <graudowd@...>
      wrote:

      > Phil,
      >
      > I have to ask this.
      >
      > Why was an 'internal' mocking framework created to begin with? Did
      > the available ones at the time NOT get the job done? Or did the
      > powers that be mandate it?
      >
      > Just asking, not trying to start a holy war.
      >
      > Derik
      >
      > --- In altdotnet@yahoogroups.com, Phil Haack <philha@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We made use of an internal framework within our unit tests. We'd
      > rather replace the places in which we used that with a more widely
      > available OSS framework before releasing our unit tests. Otherwise
      > nobody could run our tests.
      > >
      > > And trust me, nobody wants us to release the internal framework we
      > used. (By "internal" I mean something internal to MS, not something
      > written by my team).
      > >
      > > Phil

    • tarinbvii
      Message 66 of 66 , Mar 25, 2008
        I know this is all not technically relevant, but it sure is a good bit
        of fun.