E-VAN 1st June 2009 - Questions for Udi Dahan

  • Colin Jack
    Message 1 of 10 , May 17, 2009
      Hi,

      Udi Dahan has agreed to do the next Europe VAN on 1st June at 7PM GMT and he's suggested we get a list of questions to submit to him so he can focus his presentation on topics of interest.

      With that in mind if you have any questions you'd like to ask him (I know I do) either post them here, or e-mail myself/Jan and we'll put them all together to send them to him.

      We need to have them by no later than the 25th May.

      I'm looking forward to it already :)

      Ta,

      Colin
    • John Leger
      Message 2 of 10 , May 17, 2009
        Colin,

        Thanks for organizing this. We had also wanted to have him speak at our weekly Wednesday meeting. Your coup however crosses this off our list.

        Regards,
        John

        --
        John Leger
      • Colin Jack

          Message 4 of 10 , May 24, 2009
            - Is it OK for an aggregate root to directly take message objects as method arguments? If so, what are the advantages/disadvantages
            in doing that?

            - Where does validation happen? Validation inside domain objects, or validation of messages?

            In case of validation by the domain objects themself, I suppose that an aggregate root is responsible for doing the validation for
            every entity/value object for which its responsible. How should an aggregate root expose the validation results? Should all validation
            be inside the aggregate root or should it delegate that to its child entities/value objects? How should one prevent an explosion of
            validation code inside an entity?

            When do external validator classes or specifications classes come into the picture?

            --- In altdotnet@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Jack" <colin.jack@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Udi Dahan has agreed to do the next Europe VAN on 1st June at 7PM GMT and he's suggested we get a list of questions to submit to him so he can focus his presentation on topics of interest.
            >
            > With that in mind if you have any questions you'd like to ask him (I know I do) either post them here, or e-mail myself/Jan and we'll put them all together to send them to him.
            >
            > We need to have them by no later than the 25th May.
            >
            > I'm looking forward to it already :)
            >
            > Ta,
            >
            > Colin

          • niraj_ruless
            Message 5 of 10 , May 25, 2009
              Hi,

              My Question for UDI: What are the recommended practicies in building a cache layer for the application in general & for .NET for both smart / web applications. Can ASP.NET cache be used with other frameworks like WCF? How build a shared cache across web farm deployments? How useful are O/R mappers cache (NHibernate for instance)?

              Thanks!!!

              Niraj

              --- In altdotnet@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Jack" <colin.jack@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Udi Dahan has agreed to do the next Europe VAN on 1st June at 7PM GMT and he's suggested we get a list of questions to submit to him so he can focus his presentation on topics of interest.
              >
              > With that in mind if you have any questions you'd like to ask him (I know I do) either post them here, or e-mail myself/Jan and we'll put them all together to send them to him.
              >
              > We need to have them by no later than the 25th May.
              >
              > I'm looking forward to it already :)
              >
              > Ta,
              >
              > Colin

            • Alexander Zeitler
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 4 1:57 AM

                Hi,

                thanks to Udi it has been a very instructive meeting – will there be a recording @vimeo (or somewhere else)?

                Alex

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 6 7:17 PM
                  Hi Alexander,

                  The recording is here:
                  http://www.vimeo.com/5022174

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 8 4:38 AM

                    Hi Paul,

                    already have seen it on twitter @udidahan.

                    thx

                    Alex

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 8 5:06 AM
                      Yes thats where I got the link from myself :)