lean software

  • marcus.cunningham71
    Message 1 of 100 , Jan 9, 2009
      I had never heard of lean development before the recent altnet marathon
      post.

      I was quite shocked to hear people talking about car manufacturers.

      I have done some research and really do not get it at all.

      The following did make me laugh though:

      http://the-software-simpleton.blogspot.com/2009/01/lean-mean-consulting-
      machine.html

      In all seriousness though, do people really do this as part of their
      development process?

      It seems deep in process.
    • jdn3times
      Message 100 of 100 , Jan 14, 2009
        Sure, I guess I tacitly assumed that anyway.

        But on a software project where you are doing OO, there might be
        other business drivers that would cause one to 'skimp' a bit on
        the purity of following SOLID principles because the overall value
        would be improved (not to mention that 'reason for change' is the
        fundamental arbiter within SRP and is just a bit vague).

        In which case, it isn't a principle (as you defined it) or
        principles can, in fact, be broken here.

        Since linguistic definition 'debates' aren't my forte, I don't
        care which it is, as long as the point is understood.

        jdn

        --- In altdotnet@yahoogroups.com, "Chad Myers" <chad.myers@...>
        wrote:

        > Please allow me to clarify/be more specific:
        > When I said "Software Design", I should have said "Object
        Oriented Software
        > Design".
        >
        > This is one school of study. Different principles and rules
        apply in
        > different schools (i.e. functional).
        >
        > -c
        >
        > On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM, jdn3times <jdn3times@...> wrote:
        >
        > > But I would argue that within given contexts, you can always
        not
        > > follow one of the SOLID principles (not to mention that e.g.
        SRP is