RE: [altdotnet] Re: R# + plugins = hell

  • Jeff Brown
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 10, 2008
      That may not be R#'s fault but the system recycler.

      Try emptying your recycle bin. If the problem goes away, then reduce the
      size of the recycle bin down to something much smaller. A few hundred megs
      at most.

      Basically, it looks like the Windows recycle bin code does some kind of
      linear search through its list of deleted files to figure out which ones to
      purge when the recycle bin gets close to full. This can take a VERY long
      time and will block applications that are waiting for the delete to occur.

      Fragmentation can also be a problem in development environments. Lots of
      little files getting edited and extended and moved around. I've seen
      fragmentation upwards of 30% on dev machines.

      Or... it could be R#'s fault after all. You might try disabling the
      solution-wide analysis feature if it isn't already.

      Jeff.

      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 12, 2008
        Do you get same result with shift-deleting then deleting the files?