RE: [Altair Computer Club] Digest Number 267

  • Richard A. Cini
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2006
      Hugh:

      The front panel package will include an API document and a special
      version of SIMH.

      If you would like to undertake modifying the Altair32 to work under
      Linux (as opposed to WINE on Linux), that'd be a great project. I actually
      thought about doing it but as you point out, it would be another project on
      the stack!

      Rich

      Rich Cini
      Collector of classic computers
      Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
      Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
      /************************************************************/

      From: "hughred" no_reply@yahoogroups.com

      Message 1
      From: "hughred" no_reply@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed May 24, 2006 1:17pm(PDT)
      Subject: Re: New Altair32 Emulator Release/New Web site

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Richard A. Cini"
      <rcini@...> wrote:

      > Over the weekend I finalized the latest release of the Altair32
      > Emulator.

      > The Altair32 Front Panel
      > was introduced at VCFe two weeks ago and is a USB-based peripheral
      > for the PC that enables one to interact with the Emulator as if at
      > a real Altair.

      Double congratulations and thanks!

      I was amused to see that your program download is well over twice the
      size of the Simtel archive that you also make available!

      I won't actually be trying your emulator because I use Linux these
      days. I know that there is a path from the Altair to Windows XP, but
      I didn't take it.

      Is there documentation on the interface to your front panel? Is it
      something that might be easily supported under another OS? Just an
      idle question -- I hope that I can resist adding another project to my
      stack.