Another one for sale!

  • stychokiller
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
      I just added my Altair 8800bt to ebay for sale.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 14, 2006
        Good luck with the auction.
        Please provide a link or ebay's item number.

        Thanks.

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "stychokiller" <jimbot@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2006
          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@...> wrote:

          > Good luck with the auction.
          > Please provide a link or ebay's item number.
          >
          > Thanks.

          > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "stychokiller" <jimbot@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I just added my Altair 8800bt to ebay for sale.

          The ebay number is 8780835202
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16, 2006
            There are at least 2 reasons the front panel lights don't work (per
            your description):

            First, you have a CPU board for an 8800A computer- the 8800bT
            computer requires an 8800b CPU board.

            Second, the computer is missing another necessary board- the MITS
            TurnKey board- which communicates with the front panel, provides a
            serial port, and can be fitted with various bootstrap and monitor
            PROMs.

            The Econoram ought to work OK in the 8800bT.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 18, 2006
              I notice that "Stychokiller" has taken the comments I made in my
              auction (ebay item number 8780835202). That would have been OK with
              me, if he had stopped there, but he added a few words that are
              misleading. To avoid possible disappointment to any of our members
              who may be intending to bid on the computer based on his added
              statements, let me make this clear: Despite what Stychokiller
              implies, I do not intend to bid on his computer, nor did I tell him
              that I have any missing parts or software for it- I do not. I wish
              he hadn't made those implications- I'm already getting emails.

              wrote:

              > There are at least 2 reasons the front panel lights don't work (per
              > your description):
              >
              > First, you have a CPU board for an 8800A computer- the 8800bT
              > computer requires an 8800b CPU board.
              >
              > Second, the computer is missing another necessary board- the MITS
              > TurnKey board- which communicates with the front panel, provides a
              > serial port, and can be fitted with various bootstrap and monitor
              > PROMs.
              >
              > The Econoram ought to work OK in the 8800bT.
              >
              > steve
            • stychokiller
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 19, 2006
                --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@...> wrote:

                > I notice that "Stychokiller" has taken the comments I made in my
                > auction (ebay item number 8780835202). That would have been OK with
                > me, if he had stopped there, but he added a few words that are
                > misleading. To avoid possible disappointment to any of our members
                > who may be intending to bid on the computer based on his added
                > statements, let me make this clear: Despite what Stychokiller
                > implies, I do not intend to bid on his computer, nor did I tell him
                > that I have any missing parts or software for it- I do not. I wish
                > he hadn't made those implications- I'm already getting emails.
                >
                > steve
                >
                > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > There are at least 2 reasons the front panel lights don't work (per
                > > your description):
                > >
                > > First, you have a CPU board for an 8800A computer- the 8800bT
                > > computer requires an 8800b CPU board.
                > >
                > > Second, the computer is missing another necessary board- the MITS
                > > TurnKey board- which communicates with the front panel, provides a
                > > serial port, and can be fitted with various bootstrap and monitor
                > > PROMs.
                > >
                > > The Econoram ought to work OK in the 8800bT.
                > >
                > > steve

                Sorry that you're getting the emails, but you are not the person that
                I was referring to in my ebay addition. The person in question sent
                me an email & also mentioned the availability of spare parts. So, to
                whomever is concerned, Steve is NOT the anonymous supplier of the
                additional information provided to me, so stop sending him inquiries
                about parts and software.
                Jim Steichen
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 20, 2006
                  Thanks for the clarification, Jim.