Vintage Computer Collection on Ebay

  • Andrew Kessel
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 11, 2005
      If you haven't seen this you got to check it out - un ...king
      believable.

      Ebay #8706273723
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 11, 2005
        Wow! Lots of old memories in that pile of obsolete stuff. David has
        quite a collection. His calculator and video game auctions are equally
        impressive. I only wish that he was selling this stuff in smaller,
        more affordable lots.

        See also this lot of computers on ebay by a different seller:
        #8705100772. A lot of S100 stuff.

        steve
        ==============================

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Kessel"
        <akessel56@g...> wrote:

        > If you haven't seen this you got to check it out - un ...king
        > believable.
        >
        > Ebay #8706273723

      • Andrew Kessel
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 12, 2005
          Not to mention - Smaller Lots that you could imagine where to put them.
          This would take many storage units.

          --
          Andrew Kessel

        • Craig Landrum
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 12, 2005
            >If you haven't seen this you got to check it out - un ...king
            >believable.
            >
            >Ebay #8706273723

            My guess is that his reserve is higher than what anyone is
            willing to bid, but we'll see. I'm guessing the reserve
            is 30-40K or more.

            Anyone know this guy?? This was a really impressive
            amount of hardware.

            --
            Craig Landrum
            Chief Technical Officer
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 12, 2005
              >Not to mention - Smaller Lots that you could imagine where to put them.
              > This would take many storage units.

              ...and a VERY, VERY understanding wife!!!
              --
              Craig Landrum
              Chief Technical Officer
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 12, 2005
                Thanks for your comments on our collection. I hate to part with it as
                it has been quite fun
                and rewarding collecting. I have so much extra stuff such as manuals,
                brochures, accessories and other items
                that I have not listed so it is difficult for bidders to really know
                what they are getting. The buyer will be pleasantly surprised.
                Many of our items will be part of the Microcomputer Gallery opening in
                Albuquerque in one year. So at least
                some of our efforts will be on display for future generations to
                appreciate.
                I am getting old and I have a deteriorating hip which makes it
                difficult to give the collection
                the appropriate attention. I plan to continue to update and maintain
                the website, hopefully for the better.
                I enjoy the banter in your user group although I have to admit much of
                the dialogue is way beyond my retail oriented mind to comprehend!
                Dave Freeman
                On Oct 11, 2005, at 9:38 PM, Steve wrote:

                > 8705100772

              • Craig Landrum
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 12, 2005
                  >Thanks for your comments on our collection. I hate to part with it as
                  >it has been quite fun
                  >and rewarding collecting. I have so much extra stuff such as manuals,
                  >brochures, accessories and other items
                  >that I have not listed so it is difficult for bidders to really know
                  >what they are getting. The buyer will be pleasantly surprised.
                  >Many of our items will be part of the Microcomputer Gallery opening in
                  >Albuquerque in one year. So at least
                  >some of our efforts will be on display for future generations to
                  >appreciate.
                  >I am getting old and I have a deteriorating hip which makes it
                  >difficult to give the collection
                  >the appropriate attention. I plan to continue to update and maintain
                  >the website, hopefully for the better.
                  >I enjoy the banter in your user group although I have to admit much of
                  >the dialogue is way beyond my retail oriented mind to comprehend!
                  >Dave Freeman

                  Best of luck with your auction, Dave! A truly impressive
                  accomplishment that should not go unrewarded. Here's hoping
                  the bids keep on piling up!

                  --
                  Craig Landrum
                  Chief Technical Officer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 12, 2005
                    If you want more info check out my blog (in process) at
                    http://pccollecting.blogspot.com/
                    Dave
                    On Oct 12, 2005, at 7:24 AM, Craig Landrum wrote:

                    > >Not to mention - Smaller Lots that you could imagine where to put
                    > them.
                    > > This would take many storage units.
                    > >

                    > ...and a VERY, VERY understanding wife!!!
                    > --
                    > Craig Landrum
                    > Chief Technical Officer
                    > mindwrap, inc.
                    > Phone: (540) 675-3015 x 229
                    > Fax:   (540) 675-3130
                    > email: craigl@...
                    >

                    > ---- SPECIAL NOTICE CONCERNING "SPAM"  ----
                    > If this message appears to be junk mail that has nothing to do with
                    > our group, there are things you can do to prevent receiving more of
                    > the same.  Go to our Yahoo group's website, sign in, open the FILES
                    > folder, and read the text file called "Blocking Spam" for infomation
                    > about your options.
                    > --- Steve, your group moderator

                    > Computer
                    > Hobby and craft supply
                    > Craft hobby
                    > Hobbies and crafts
                    > Altair
                    >
                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    >
                    > ▪  Visit your group "altaircomputerclub" on the web.

                    > Service.

                  • Andrew Kessel
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 12, 2005
                      And assuming that you don't sell the whole thing at once, I am sure there
                      would be a lot of interest piece meal. Fact is you will probably get more
                      one at a time than all at once. I doubt you will get your minimum this way.

                      --
                      Andrew Kessel

                    • Craig Landrum
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 13, 2005
                        FYI,

                        For those that may not have one, this is a useful board
                        debugging tool, used to trace down logic on boards. You
                        can find it on eBay, item #8708659615.

                        I have one of Bob's later versions that has the 7-segment
                        LED instead of the dedicated LEDs shown here. Both will
                        tell you whether a signal is high, low, or pulsing.

                        --
                        Craig Landrum
                        Chief Technical Officer
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 13, 2005
                          Craig,

                          I think I have a couple of those Mullen boards, buried somewhere in
                          the pile. I've never used them except to make sure they work, though.

                          Have you seen the MITS Diagnostic board? It has a large 3-digit 7-
                          segment LED display that can display the status of the system buss
                          voltages or an external voltage. The same LEDs can also display, in
                          octal, any data on the buss. You can also connect a scope and use
                          the Diag board to provide a sweep trigger from any combination of
                          buss signals (data, address, or control signals), and also to provide
                          data output for the scope's vertical input.

                          It's a fairly rare board as MITS products go, but they do turn up on
                          ebay once in a while.

                          steve
                          ===================================

                          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Craig Landrum
                          <craigl@m...> wrote:

                          > FYI,
                          >
                          > For those that may not have one, this is a useful board
                          > debugging tool, used to trace down logic on boards. You
                          > can find it on eBay, item #8708659615.
                          >
                          > I have one of Bob's later versions that has the 7-segment
                          > LED instead of the dedicated LEDs shown here. Both will
                          > tell you whether a signal is high, low, or pulsing.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Craig Landrum
                          > Chief Technical Officer
                          > mindwrap, inc.
                          > Phone: (540) 675-3015 x 229
                          > Fax: (540) 675-3130
                          > email: craigl@m...

                        • Craig Landrum
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 13, 2005
                            >I think I have a couple of those Mullen boards, buried somewhere in
                            >the pile. I've never used them except to make sure they work, though.
                            >
                            >Have you seen the MITS Diagnostic board? It has a large 3-digit 7-
                            >segment LED display that can display the status of the system buss
                            >voltages or an external voltage. The same LEDs can also display, in
                            >octal, any data on the buss. You can also connect a scope and use
                            >the Diag board to provide a sweep trigger from any combination of
                            >buss signals (data, address, or control signals), and also to provide
                            >data output for the scope's vertical input.
                            >
                            >It's a fairly rare board as MITS products go, but they do turn up on
                            >ebay once in a while.
                            >
                            >steve
                            >===================================

                            Never saw one of the MITS boards you describe. If anyone has one
                            to sell or sees one, let me know - I'll buy it.

                            --
                            Craig Landrum
                            Chief Technical Officer
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 13, 2005
                              Hey guys, don't forget the Cadillac of all diag boards, while not a MITS
                              product, it's still a peach!...

                              ....JADE Computer Products, "The Bus Probe"! Especially helpful on
                              front panel-less, and Turnkey
                              machines. There have been several on ebay over the years, and they've
                              gone for as much as $350!

                              Just bob!

                              Steve wrote:

                              >Craig,
                              >
                              >I think I have a couple of those Mullen boards, buried somewhere in
                              >the pile. I've never used them except to make sure they work, though.
                              >
                              >Have you seen the MITS Diagnostic board? It has a large 3-digit 7-
                              >segment LED display that can display the status of the system buss
                              >voltages or an external voltage. The same LEDs can also display, in
                              >octal, any data on the buss. You can also connect a scope and use
                              >the Diag board to provide a sweep trigger from any combination of
                              >buss signals (data, address, or control signals), and also to provide
                              >data output for the scope's vertical input.
                              >
                              >It's a fairly rare board as MITS products go, but they do turn up on
                              >ebay once in a while.
                              >
                              >steve
                              >===================================
                              >
                              >--- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Craig Landrum
                              ><craigl@m...> wrote:
                              >

                              >>FYI,
                              >>
                              >>For those that may not have one, this is a useful board
                              >>debugging tool, used to trace down logic on boards. You
                              >>can find it on eBay, item #8708659615.
                              >>
                              >>I have one of Bob's later versions that has the 7-segment
                              >>LED instead of the dedicated LEDs shown here. Both will
                              >>tell you whether a signal is high, low, or pulsing.
                              >>
                              >>--
                              >>Craig Landrum
                              >>Chief Technical Officer
                              >>mindwrap, inc.
                              >>Phone: (540) 675-3015 x 229
                              >>Fax: (540) 675-3130
                              >>email: craigl@m...
                              >>

                              >---- SPECIAL NOTICE CONCERNING "SPAM" ----
                              >If this message appears to be junk mail that has nothing to do with our group, there are things you can do to prevent receiving more of the same. Go to our Yahoo group's website, sign in, open the FILES folder, and read the text file called "Blocking Spam" for infomation about your options.
                              >--- Steve, your group moderator
                              >
                              >Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Craig Landrum
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 19, 2005
                                Somebody from Woodstock VA is selling an Altair disk
                                drive on eBay:

                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8710873827&ssPageName=ADME:B:
                                SS:US:1

                                Anyone know who is this? They live about 45 minutes
                                away from me (I'm near Washington VA) and we could
                                get togther sometime.

                                --
                                Craig Landrum
                                Chief Technical Officer
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 19, 2005
                                  She certainly doesnt waste electrons on descriptions, does she?

                                  She does not appear to be a member of this group, but a google search
                                  for "Big Time Internet Sales" yields this tidbit:

                                  -------------------------------------
                                  " ...
                                  payable to Big Time Internet Sales. Mail to 24066 Senedo Road,
                                  Woodstock, VA. 22664...

                                  Well guys and gals.... the "Lady's" name is Angela Seal .... and I
                                  bought a Walton [antique radio -steve] from her a while back..... no
                                  complaints on my end...
                                  radio arrived as advertised and very well packed...

                                  here is the Feedback I gave her for the Walton Zenith...

                                  Excellent Radio... good packing... thanks... great communications
                                  Buyer k9uwa "

                                  =================================

                                  <craigl@m...> wrote:

                                  > Somebody from Woodstock VA is selling an Altair disk
                                  > drive on eBay:
                                  >
                                  > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
                                  ViewItem&item=8710873827&ssPageName=ADME:B:
                                  > SS:US:1
                                  >
                                  > Anyone know who is this? They live about 45 minutes
                                  > away from me (I'm near Washington VA) and we could
                                  > get togther sometime.
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Craig Landrum
                                  > Chief Technical Officer
                                  > mindwrap, inc.
                                  > Phone: (540) 675-3015 x 229
                                  > Fax: (540) 675-3130
                                  > email: craigl@m...

                                • Craig Landrum
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 19, 2005
                                    Ok - sounds like she's just the middleman, selling off
                                    someone else's Altair. Maybe I'll drive over this
                                    weekend and see what else she has....

                                    Craig L

                                    On Wednesday, October 19, 2005 at 12:46 PM, Steve sent:

                                    --
                                    Craig Landrum
                                    Chief Technical Officer