pseudo-phloppies

  • Jack Rubin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
      Here's one approach to the floppy problem - http://www.rothfus.com/SVD/ -
      works great with H8 and TRS-80s; Eric's an almost-Altair owner and eager to
      get going on a Pertec work-alike.

      Jack
    • H.E.Robert
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
        All,

        This does look pretty interesting, the price is certainly right! I just
        skimmed the web pages, but I'm guessing
        it would interface to the Altair controller, and then I'm guessing the
        disk images are stored on the PC? Then they can be backed up or
        transferred via any PC supported media?

        They already support a hard sectored drive in the H-8/89 family!

        What does everybody else think? And how far off the mark am I with my
        perceived understanding?

        Just Bob!