RE: [Altair Computer Club] Digest Number 212

  • ,Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2005
      There is a C&K switch that is a near exact replacement but I don't have the datasheets handy (travelling today). You can go to www.ittcannon.com and download the C&K toggle switch book and "build" the part using the chart.

      As far as sourcing them, I have bought replacements for the 8800 from Future Electronics. They are about 1/3 the price of Digi-Key for the same switch.

      Rich Cini
      From: "dsroelov" <dave@...>
      2. Re: 8800B front panel switches
      From: "UEOGUY-H.E.ROBT" <ueoguy@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:13:39 -0000
      From: "dsroelov" <dave@...>
      Subject: 8800B front panel switches

      my 8800B front panel ran into a little problem during a recent move,
      and one of the switches was damaged. i have seen the messages with
      the
      original part number for the switch (ST1-3-F2-MCQ) but i am having
      trouble finding a place to buy them. has anyone purchased these
      recently, and might be able to point me in the right direction?

      thanks.

      dave

      p.s. my 8800B is going to be 30 years old next year, and i just
      can't
      leave it there with a broken finger.

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:25:09 -0400
      From: "UEOGUY-H.E.ROBT" <ueoguy@...>
      Subject: Re: 8800B front panel switches

      Dave, I've looked and never found an exact replacement, it seems like
      the part numbers are useless as the entire line seems to have been
      dropped. I may have one in my parts bin however, which type was it,
      the momentary like "RUN/STOP" or the SPST like the "address/sense" switches?
      Just Bob!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2005
        Rich-

        The round "bat handles" of the 8800 are pretty easy to replace. It's
        the 8800b's flattened handles that are a problem. The "F2" option in
        the Apem switch part numbers indicates a handle length of 0.65 inch
        (and 0.196" wide by 0.096" thick)

        Looking at C&K's specs, I only see available lengths of 0.25",
        0.45", and 0.84" for the flat style. The width and thickness are
        correct for the longer two, but the lengths would be pretty obviously
        out of place. Am I missing something?

        To my knowledge, Apem is the only source for the correct length.

        steve

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, <rcini@o...>, "Jr."