Re: [Altair Computer Club] valuable artifacts

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2005
      Wow! That's a lot of moola. Twenty-four bids and none of them from
      rookies, either. Forget the Altairs- I'm going to start collecting
      those noisemakers. What's next? A comeback of IBM Selectrics?

      Remember how Curta calculators skyrocketed after Scientific American
      ran an article about them?

      steve
      ==============================

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "H.E. Robert, [Just Bob!]"
      <robert@a...> wrote:
      > .....Well, it looks like somebody read the article, and believed it!
      >
      > Did anybody catch this one...
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5167154458
      >
      > What's up with that???
      >
      > Just Bob!
      >
      > PS (everyone on the list can go back to sleep now)! ;-)
      >
      > Just Bob!
      >
      > Steve wrote:
      >

      > > Well, fellow computer collectors, we've finally received some
      > > recognition. See the article at
      > > http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/artifacts_1.html .
      > >
      > > It's an interesting article about computer collecting in which at
      > > least one of our members is mentioned.
      > >
      > > Steve

    • nickinthecity2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15 12:07 AM
        Honestly, I don't want all the publicity. Collecting this toys has
        already become expensive enough, without even more people starting to
        realize the collectors value.

        Kids today think they are so cool, just because they can write a short
        program in Visual Basic. Try graphics programing on a 3.5 k vic 20
        ihn machine language, thats programming. There wasn't much room for
        an operating system other than the load and save commands in basic.