Altair Music

  • dcfree2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2005
      I have misplaced my instruction sheet on how to put music on teh altair
      8800b. Does anyone out there have a copy?
      Please let me know/
      David Freeman
      Freeman PC Museum
      www.thepcmuseum.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2005
        What music is it that you're referring to? There were several music
        programs that used the I/O ports, the MU1 music board, or even RF
        radiation.

        =======================

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "dcfree2000"
        <dfreeman@a...> wrote:

        > I have misplaced my instruction sheet on how to put music on teh
        altair
        > 8800b. Does anyone out there have a copy?
        > Please let me know/
        > David Freeman
        > Freeman PC Museum
        > www.thepcmuseum.net
      • Dave Freeman
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2005
          There was an instruction sheet sold for the past few years on eBay that
          had a program that told you how to make music. I am not sure what
          devices it required and I am not technical- just a lowly collector!
          Dave

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2005
            I had a really nifty program that would play "Bicycle Built for
            Two". It seems to me that I got it from a magazine article- probably
            Byte or Creative Computing. I think it was a fairly small
            program. You toggled in the code and ran it, then sat an AM portable
            radio near the computer. The RF noise emitted by the Altair would
            play as music thru the radio's speaker. No physical connection
            required. I recall being able to vary the "voice" by moving the
            radio to different positions. Some day, I'll dig through my mountain
            of old docs for it and I'll post a copy here.

            By the way, the Altair MU1 music board could play multichannel synth
            music very well, but you needed the special MU1 BASIC to get the most
            out of it.

            steve

            --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Dave Freeman