MITS Part Number 103676 ??

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2005
      Is there a web page with MITS part numbers? I would like to know
      what MITS part number 103676 is exactly, I do not have the part to
      visually inspect.
    • H.E. Robert, [Just Bob!]
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 13, 2005
        I'm gonna bet the only way to cross reference that number, would be to check
        against old MITS invoices, if anyone out there has some. I remember
        that MITS
        used a Data General machine for their order tracking, an Altair was too
        small!
        My guess is that it's not a board kit, but more like a 4 slot Mother
        Board expansion,
        or a port exp kit for the 4-PIO or 2SIO. Personally, I would have taken
        it to an
        airport or local Gov't office and have them put it on the X-ray
        machine! One other
        possibility, is that it was one of the "pay as you build" parts kits
        that MITS put out
        for the PopTronics spread?

        Just Bob! ....... just wondering, like everybody else!

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 13, 2005
          Bill,

          There's no master list that I know of.

          What do you know about this PN? Is it a board? A computer? A chip?
          If it's a component, what product is it a part of? The more info
          you give, the better your chances will be of getting an answer.

          Steve
          ====================

          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "billdeg" <billdeg@a...>
          wrote:

          > Is there a web page with MITS part numbers? I would like to know
          > what MITS part number 103676 is exactly, I do not have the part to
          > visually inspect.
        • H.E. Robert, [Just Bob!]
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 13, 2005
            I think this is, of which he speaks...
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=5164201961

            Just Bob!

          • billdeg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 14, 2005
              You are correct. I am guessing it's a board kit.
              Bill

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 16, 2005
                The only easy way that I can think of to ID the kit is to look at one
                of MITS' old catalogs. Unfortunately, all of mine are filed away
                now. Whatever it is, it's worth at least $280 to "chizwiz".

                Steve
                ===============================

                --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:
                > You are correct. I am guessing it's a board kit.
                > Bill
                >
                > In a message dated 2/13/2005 8:14:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                > robert@a... writes:
                >
                > > I think this is, of which he speaks...
                > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
                ViewItem&category=1247&item=5164201961

                > > Just Bob!

              • Dave Freeman
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 16, 2005
                  Steve,
                  How do I find the altair site- I am a member and I cannot find it on
                  yahoo? I need to send out an email.
                  Thanks
                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 16, 2005
                    Dave,

                    Searching Yahoo Groups' home page for "altair" will find our group.

                    Or go directly to
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altaircomputerclub/

                    You can also find our URL at the bottom of each message that the
                    group emails to you.

                    Is this what you wanted to know, or are you looking for some other
                    Altair site?

                    steve

                    --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Dave Freeman