RE: [Altair Computer Club] Re: How to sell 8080b??

  • Erik S. Klein
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2004
      The 8080 chips are still of value. Check the markings, though, an 8080A
      is worth a few bucks, an 8080 or an 8080-? are worth quite a bit more.

      Best of luck!

      Erik Klein

      www.vintage-computer.com <http://www.vintage-computer.com/>

      www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum

      The Vintage Computer Forum

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2004
        Richard,

        The easiest way to check the value of any old item is to visit eBay
        and look at the final selling price of COMPLETED auctions of similar
        items. I think you have to be registered to view the completed
        auctions.

        It seems like almost any old chip with white ceramic and gold pins
        has collector appeal, so you certainly shouldn't throw those types
        away.

        steve

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Erik S. Klein"