Who is IMSAI?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
      Question of the day:

      What does the acronym "IMSAI" stand for (as in the IMSAI 8080
      computer)? Correct answerer gets three Brownie points.

      Hint: One of the "I"s stands for "Incorporated".

      Steve
    • H.E. Robert, [Just Bob!]
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
        Answer....

        "In the l973, William H. Millard founded IMS Associates, Inc. The
        initials stood for Information Management Services, as its primary
        service was consulting in systems analysis and programming. Although no
        one knew it at the time, IMS Associates was the embryonic organization
        of IMSAI Manufacturing Corporation."

        Do I win a bagel or something?

        Just Bob! .....just a person, with no personal life at all!

        Steve wrote:

        > Question of the day:
        >
        > What does the acronym "IMSAI" stand for (as in the IMSAI 8080
        > computer)? Correct answerer gets three Brownie points.
        >
        > Hint: One of the "I"s stands for "Incorporated".
        >
        > Steve
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vobjka/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705566162:HM/EXP=1089086436/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

      • Erik S. Klein
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
          Information Management Services Associates Incorporated.

          Erik Klein

          www.vintage-computer.com <http://www.vintage-computer.com/>

          www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum

          The Vintage Computer Forum

          What does the acronym "IMSAI" stand for (as in the IMSAI 8080
          computer)? Correct answerer gets three Brownie points.

          Hint: One of the "I"s stands for "Incorporated".

          Steve

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vobjka/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1705566162:HM/EXP=1089086436/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
          p:/companion.yahoo.com> click here

          s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=108992624>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          be>

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
            Well, the answers came faster than I thought they would. Tougher
            questions must be asked in the future.

            The awards committee has determined that the prize will be shared by
            Bob and Erik, both of whom submitted the correct answer. Therefore,
            1.5 Brownie points have been awarded to each of the two contestants.
            In addition, each will receive a bagel, payable in person, in
            Albuquerque, on the sidewalk in front of MITS' old Lynn Street
            location.

            Congratulations and thanks to both. Enjoy your awards.

            Steve
            ========================

            --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@y...>
            wrote:
            > Question of the day:
            >
            > What does the acronym "IMSAI" stand for (as in the IMSAI 8080
            > computer)? Correct answerer gets three Brownie points.
            >
            > Hint: One of the "I"s stands for "Incorporated".
            >
            > Steve
          • nmcs_ron
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004
              If you're serious about past history, hold the Awards Ceremony on the
              very spot on San Mateo where the first [out of the garage/off the
              kitchen table at Ed Robert's house] MITS corporate location was--a
              two bedroom, less-than-1,000-square-foot-house.......Ron DeLashmutt

              Higher prizes for: Who were Timothy Ning, Don Saunier, Steve ___,
              Pat Godding, Bill Yates, Paul What's-His-Face, Forrest Mims, and
              Wendy ??? All part of my earliest days @ MITS [1973].
              [Hope I didn't forget anyone].