New file added - Altair model numbers and decoding serial numbers

  • dougls12000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 2:07 PM
      Going through all old posts.
      Steve posted a message about Altair model numbers and what the serial
      numbers mean. I reformatted and posted the file in Word. I now know
      that my Altair was the 2,160th Altair made, after the 5 prototypes.
      Would not want this information to be lost.
      Doug
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31 8:10 PM
        Doug, I couldn't find that message about the serial numbers,
        although I vaguely remember it. Do you recall what message # it
        was? I'm sure it was from a Steve other than this one.

        I did stumble across the messages about Bill Gates' famous mug shot.
        The links given to that picture are now dead, so I've posted it here,
        in the folder FILES>STEVE'S FILES. It's self explanatory.

        Also in that folder, I posted a picture taken a while back at our
        local computer club, the NM Computer Society. I displayed several
        different Altairs and, along with group member "nmcs ron", discussed
        them for quite a long time with the members. That presentation was a
        lot of fun. Shown in the pic are an 8800b, 8800a, 680b, Attache, and
        8800. The Pickett "computer" that you see is currently adorning my
        office wall. The "What's a MITS?" stand-up display is a real
        advertising sign from MITS (thanks again to nmcs ron). The
        enlarged '75 PopTronics cover seen in the photo can be better seen as
        the image "PopTronics cover.jpg" that's also in FILES>STEVE'S FILES.

        Steve
        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "dougls12000"