An analog digital output device

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      Take a look at the "Odd Meter" in the FILES>STEVE'S FILES folder.
      When I bought it at a local swap meet, I thought it was just an
      ordinary meter with Sandia Labs' old thunderbird logo from the
      sixties- a nifty thing to sit on the shelf. It took me quite a while
      to notice that even though it displays 0 through 17, there are only
      16 divisions. "What's going on here", I thought when I realized that
      8 and 9 were missing. What screwy overpaid government employee could
      have created such a meter face? It took the next door high school
      kid to point out that it's displaying in OCTAL! It speaks Altair-
      eze. I've never heard of any computer that used such a display
      device, but that must be what this was used for. Now if I just had a
      few more, I could really soup up the old 8800.