Altair DCDD on ebay

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2003
      There's an Altair DCDD 8" floppy drive listed on ebay at
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2755992178 .
      It's has VERY early version Pertec FD-400 (not "FO-400") drive
      installed- not too many of that type around. It's the drive's door
      that's the giveaway. And this guy (who I don't know, by the way) has
      decent pictures. It's starting at a high price, but looks pretty
      clean. His disclaimer/bidder instructions are abrasive, but it's
      worth taking a look. He will or won't accept Paypal payments,
      depending on which part of his listing you read.

      There's another DCDD at
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2756553273
      but the photos are so poor that I can't tell if it's an early or late
      drive. What is it with these people who use postage stamp pictures?
      It costs no more to post large images. Sheesh!