1702A programmer Martin Eberhard

  • Arnold Niemeier
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27, 2014
      Hello everyone,

      I've seen an article about the 1702A programmer
      designed by Martin Eberhard. Can anyone tell me
      how I can get the information about this project?

      I have several 1702s which I want to read and save.

      Regards, Arnold
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 28, 2014
        (We are now in contact)

        I have had a few requests lately for another round of these 1702/A programmers. Please let me know if there is more interest - I need about 6 customers to make a run of them worthwhile.

        -Martin E.
      • rweather1958
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2014

          Martin,

          I just ran across your programmer kit, and I’m interested. Hopefully you’ve gotten a few requests along the way so I’m not the first in this latest batch. I still have firmware in those chips I’d like to get out and clone.

          I used to work at IMSAI back in the day, and still have a machine (one of the later editions without a front panel). 8” floppies and all! J

          Regards,

          Robert E. Weatherford

        • kb3sii
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 20, 2014
            Hi MartinI really need to make some fresh 1702A chips before the old ones fade away.  Count me in on your next batch of 1702A programmers.  And many thanks for your efforts to make such a useful programmer so we can keep this vintage gear alive and running well.

            Steve Silverman
          • Martin Eberhard
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 20, 2014
              Hi Steve,

              I went hog-wild on my last PC board batch - so I actually still have a few left. (Strangely, I just sold another one an hour ago.) I can sell this to you two ways:

              "full" kit includes the PC board, the programmed microcontroller, and a spiral-bound 70+ page manual. This is $65 plus shipping - shipping is usually on the order of $10 in the USA.

              The last one I sold was without the printed manual - instead, I will give you a link to the PDF file, and you can print it yourself. Without the manual, I will sell it for $55 including shipping. Spiral binding will cost you somewhere around $5.00 at your friendly local Kinkos...

              I will also be willing to sell you up to 4 1702A EPROMs for $4.00 each. (I know you can find them cheaper on the web if you hunt...)

              If you are interested, pay me via Paypal: eberhard@...

              Martin

              On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM, steve@... [altaircomputerclub] <altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Hi MartinI really need to make some fresh 1702A chips before the old ones fade away.  Count me in on your next batch of 1702A programmers.  And many thanks for your efforts to make such a useful programmer so we can keep this vintage gear alive and running well.

              Steve Silverman

            • caliphalexander
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 6, 2014
                Hello, Martin.

                I am getting ready to teach a class on EPROM programming for classic micros, at the next VCF. So, I'm looking for a kit that I could have the students build, to allow them to program 1702s, which generic programmers generally can't do.

                Your kit sounds like a wonderful possibility. Do you have any to sell, so I could do a test build? I saw the note from August, which seemed to imply that you had some left.

                Thanks!
                - Alex
              • mfaktoro
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 1
                  Hi Martin,

                  I am a newcomer to the group and would also be very interested in your kit if you have any more left to sell.

                  Thanks and happy new year!

                  Mark