Altair 8800b Turnkey Controller Card For Sale

  • cycleman1963
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2013
      Hello,  I have a very nice Altair 8800b Turnkey Controller Card for sale.  It is required for the operation of an Altair 8800b Turnkey Computer.  The card was pulled from a working system.  I am asking $250 or Best Offer.  My email is: jwstrand@...
       I can email you pictures of the card on request.  Thanks!
      - Jeff
    • alltare
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2013

        (The Turnkey board also works in 8800b and Attache models)

        Steve

        ============================

      • wtsnet
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 25, 2013
          The Turnkey Module is my favorite Altair board. The board provides a serial port and auto start logic & four 1702A prom sockets. Unmodified Rev. 0 boards have 1K of RAM for the monitor stack. Modified boards allows a full 64K RAM after booting. Board addresses are set using switches, no soldering required.

          An MWRITE jumper allows the board to work in a front panel machine. I haven't tested it, but that may include the 8800/8800a.

          The Turnkey computer is plain, but the board is fancy and makes the Altair one of the few 64K S-100 machines. Altairs without this board cannot run Altair accounting software. The Altair accounting software shows the extra RAM has a dramatic effect on BASIC speed. The increase is mostly in string processing  garbage collection.

          http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtualaltair.com/vac_altair_turnkey_module.asp

          W. Tom S.
        • frank99473
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4 11:07 AM

            But note, that the TurnKey board decodes the addresses A8-A15 for its I/O devices.

            So with most Z80 CPUs it doesn't work.

            I have done a modification for this, leaving the board original.

            http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?36878-Altair-8800b-T-Turnkey-board

            Frank