Tektronix 453 scope

  • Stuart Wyatt
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2013

      If my posts are getting too far away from the Altair, let me know and I’ll stop.  The reason I’m posting them here is that they are all of things I used with the Altair and was hoping someone would want to extend their Altair collection to include these.

      I’ve uploaded a couple of photos of a Tektronix 453 scope we used to build and repair our Altairs.  I turned it on and put the probe on the calibration output to show its working.  It has the vinyl case, the rolling cart, several probes, a few screen filters/grids, etc. and two copies of the manual.

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/lPd7Uk542rMSbyx9us5qlqSnyaSi8Fl0ZlYd6gpN11vQAIr_z197jyJa59lG3eG06rj-f39ljOKsh6KvzB7hOcGA5ZNdc9Tv/Stuarts%20Files/Tektronix%20453%20scope.jpg

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/lPd7Uk542rMSbyx9us5qlqSnyaSi8Fl0ZlYd6gpN11vQAIr_z197jyJa59lG3eG06rj-f39ljOKsh6KvzB7hOcGA5ZNdc9Tv/Stuarts%20Files/Tektronix%20453%20scope.jpg

      Again, I’m only asking for shipping and may be willing to split the cost on this one a bit.  I prefer someone take all of it, but I’ll consider splitting it up.

      -Stuart

    • Stuart Wyatt
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7, 2013

        The image links seem to be somewhat transient.  Here’s the folder they are in.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2013

          Stuart,

          Well, maybe I’ll do better responding to this offer! I’m interested in the scope, but not sure about shipping. I’m near Chicago, where are you?

          Jack

[...]

          No virus found in this message.

        • Stuart Wyatt
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2013

            I’m near Seattle.  Online it says the scope is 30lbs.  The cart can be broken down so it isn’t so bulky, but probably weighs 15lbs or so.

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 12, 2013

              As it happens, I have a couple of these 453 series scopes which need repair. I would not mind getting a users manual or better a service manual, from whomever ends up with this apparent trade. I see there's two manuals mentioned. I'd certainly cover postage for such docs. Contact me via my retrotechnology.com home page email address when a deal is transacted, as it's a bit off-topic and I'm not "here" every day anyway.

              Regards

              Herb Johnson

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 12, 2013

                Herb, I was looking closely at the manuals this weekend and they seem to be the same, they even have the same serial number written on each one.  The manual is about 1 ½ inches thick.  I’m sure Jack doesn’t need two identical manuals.

                -Stuart

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 12, 2013

                  I was going to send the manuals on to Herb to scan but if they are identical, I have no problem with just sending one to him.

                  Jack

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 12, 2013

                    Herb, if you just need a scanned one, I can take one apart and scan it and save on having to ship it.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 12, 2013

                      You can find a lot of manuals on this site:

                      http://ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=Tektronix

                      Paolo