Re: [Altair Computer Club] RE: Altair 8800 PROMS

  • B Degnan
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 16 4:50 AM
      I will try it out too, using your 1702 burner....thanks for doing this.
      Bill

      Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 16 5:32 PM

        I've just uploaded version 1.01 of UBMON (my improvement to MITS TURMON), as well as a manual that matches.

        The significant improvement with this version over version 1.00 is that I have shortened the D command leader to 60 characters, and added a 60-character trailer at the end. This makes for a cleaner (and actually shorter) paper tape.

        While I was at it, I did improve the comments in the code, to improve readability for a tight little piece of code.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 17 11:50 AM

            Okay... I uploaded UBMON version 1.02, which shortens the 'D' command's null leader from 136 characters down to 60 characters, and adds a 60-byte null trailer at the end.

            Version 1.02 has been tested much more thoroughly than the still-born version 1.01 :-)

            Squeezing this code to add functionality gets more and more tricky... the last byte was a humdinger.