RS-232 Interface for Teletype

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2013
      The computers I want to connect my Teletype to are all configured for RS-232 operation, not current loop, so I designed and built an RS-232 to current-loop converter directly into the front area of the Teletype's UCC.

      The current loop cable comes up to the interface board from the rear of the UCC. A 10 foot RS-232 cable runs from the board to the back of the UCC where it runs through a strain relief before exiting the rear of the Teletype. The RS-232 cable terminates into a male DB-25, ready to plug into a computer.

      Power for the interface board is provided by an off the shelf 12 volt A/C adapter plugged into the convenience outlet on the UCC. The Teletype cover fits over the A/C adapter nicely.

      I've put photos in the deramp5113 album in the photo section.