Eprom programmer

  • Dustoff
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27 6:45 PM
      I have been looking for a way to copy / program some M5203Q eproms. Ran across a website that lead me to this group. They stated that someone was offering programmers that programmed 1702A eproms. Hoping i can find away to accomplish this.

      Thanks in advance
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27 8:41 PM
        I've designed and sold kits for the 1702/1702A, as well as for the MM5204, but not the MM5203.

        Despite its similar part number, the MM5203 is nothing like an MM5204.

        The 1702/A programmer has been quite popular, since this EPROM was used in lots of vintage equipment, including computers, as well as pinball machines and arcade video games.

        The MM5204 programmer was less popular, as the MM5204 was used in fewer designs. But it was used in Processor Technology's Sol-20 computer, which accounted for some of the interest in that programmer.

        What was the MM5203 used for? I have the data sheet, but I have never seen one in a design.

        -Martin E

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dustoff" <dustoff4@...> wrote:

        > I have been looking for a way to copy / program some M5203Q eproms. Ran across a website that lead me to this group. They stated that someone was offering programmers that programmed 1702A eproms. Hoping i can find away to accomplish this.
        >
        > Thanks in advance
        > Mike

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27 10:25 PM
          It is used in a cb radio, CPI. The first production "chip" was an e5221, later production used the M5203Q. Not really sure of programming, but its basically controlling a frequency setting. I have a few extra of each, was hoping to find a programmer to read and copy to some new old stock i found a few years ago.

          Mike

          On Aug 27, 2013, at 22:41, "mfeberhard" <eberhard@...> wrote:

          > I've designed and sold kits for the 1702/1702A, as well as for the MM5204, but not the MM5203.
          >
          > Despite its similar part number, the MM5203 is nothing like an MM5204.
          >
          > The 1702/A programmer has been quite popular, since this EPROM was used in lots of vintage equipment, including computers, as well as pinball machines and arcade video games.
          >
          > The MM5204 programmer was less popular, as the MM5204 was used in fewer designs. But it was used in Processor Technology's Sol-20 computer, which accounted for some of the interest in that programmer.
          >
          > What was the MM5203 used for? I have the data sheet, but I have never seen one in a design.
          >
          > -Martin E
          >
          > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dustoff" <dustoff4@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I have been looking for a way to copy / program some M5203Q eproms. Ran across a website that lead me to this group. They stated that someone was offering programmers that programmed 1702A eproms. Hoping i can find away to accomplish this.
          >>
          >> Thanks in advance
          >> Mike

        • Mike Jones
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2013
            Thanks for the reply's from everyone. Late posting because I've had strep for a week, been in bed the whole time. Once I get back around to "normal", what ever that is, I'll get back into this. Thanks again!
            Mike

            I've designed and sold kits for the 1702/1702A, as well as for the MM5204, but not the MM5203.

            Despite its similar part number, the MM5203 is nothing like an MM5204.

            The 1702/A programmer has been quite popular, since this EPROM was used in lots of vintage equipment, including computers, as well as pinball machines and arcade video games.

            The MM5204 programmer was less popular, as the MM5204 was used in fewer designs. But it was used in Processor Technology's Sol-20 computer, which accounted for some of the interest in that programmer.

            What was the MM5203 used for? I have the data sheet, but I have never seen one in a design.

            -Martin E

            --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dustoff" <dustoff4@...> wrote:

            > I have been looking  for a way to copy / program some M5203Q eproms. Ran across a website that lead me to this group. They stated that someone was offering programmers that programmed 1702A eproms. Hoping i can find away to accomplish this.
            >
            > Thanks in advance
            > Mike

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional