8800B and other

  • RMA
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2013
      The questions raised re computers on Ebay did peak my interest. The issue about what to do with good working Altair and Pertec computers, if which I have many as can be viewed at my site: http://www.robertsaltaircomputers.com/ I have all of the equipment stored in my basement and at 78 wonder what could or should be done with the equipment. I wonder what museums might be interested in the equipment since I have stuff from the start of Altair. I rather not break up the collection. Any ideas? R.M.Adelsteiin
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2013
        On Tue, 13 Aug 2013, RMA wrote:

        > The questions raised re computers on Ebay did peak my interest. The
        > issue about what to do with good working Altair and Pertec computers, if
        > which I have many as can be viewed at my site:
        > http://www.robertsaltaircomputers.com/ I have all of the equipment
        > stored in my basement and at 78 wonder what could or should be done with
        > the equipment. I wonder what museums might be interested in the
        > equipment since I have stuff from the start of Altair. I rather not
        > break up the collection. Any ideas? R.M.Adelsteiin

        Robert:

        Please consider the vintage computer museum at InfoAge in Wall, NJ
        managed by the Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists group (M.A.R.C.H.):

        http://www.infoage.org/exhibits/vintage-computers

        We try to maintain as many exhibits as possible in working condition.
        We also host the annual Vintage Computer Festival (VCF) East. Evan
        Koblentz is the one to contact:

        Evan Koblentz <evan@...>

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Stuart Wyatt
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2013

          Robert, are you interested in selling, donating, or both?

          The Microsoft Archives would be interested.  You’d think they’d have a bunch of Altairs, but they don’t.  I can’t find a public link, but I have contact information if you want to talk to them.

          I’ve given them some other Microsoft related things they were missing in their collection, but I’m also trying to decide where my Altair will end up.  Like Robert and others, I want to make sure it ends up somewhere that really appreciates its historic value.

          -Stuart

          > The questions raised re computers on Ebay did peak my interest. The
          > issue about what to do with good working Altair and Pertec computers, if
          > which I have many as can be viewed at my site:
          > http://www.robertsaltaircomputers.com/ I have all of the equipment
          > stored in my basement and at 78 wonder what could or should be done with
          > the equipment. I wonder what museums might be interested in the
          > equipment since I have stuff from the start of Altair. I rather not
          > break up the collection. Any ideas? R.M.Adelsteiin

          Robert:

          Please consider the vintage computer museum at InfoAge in Wall, NJ
          managed by the Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists group (M.A.R.C.H.):

          http://www.infoage.org/exhibits/vintage-computers

          We try to maintain as many exhibits as possible in working condition.
          We also host the annual Vintage Computer Festival (VCF) East. Evan
          Koblentz is the one to contact:

          Evan Koblentz <evan@...>

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...

        • robertadel