Re: [Altair Computer Club] Looking for a bit of 2k advise... Setting up a demo at a museum...

  • B Degnan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2013
      chase the lights?

      >So I have been spending some time giving tours and working on the
      vintage systems at the InfoAge science center in Wall NJ at the MARCH
      computer museum section. Next up to get a >workable demo is the
      Altair. Their system has been stripped down to bare minimum. A CPU
      card and memory. We have a 1702a EPROM card being repaired (the
      regulator had been >messed with and one of the MARCH members is
      repairing it). So eventually I'll have 2k for ROM to hold programs.
      For now I have a 32k bytesaver I can populate but I'm limiting myself
      to >2k so I can move to the 1702a card later. Besides "fool on the
      hill" or "daisy", what else do you guys think would be a good demo on a
      system with no terminal or serial IO at all?