Looking for a bit of 2k advise... Setting up a demo at a museum...

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2013
      So I have been spending some time giving tours and working on the vintage systems at the InfoAge science center in Wall NJ at the MARCH computer museum section. Next up to get a workable demo is the Altair. Their system has been stripped down to bare minimum. A CPU card and memory. We have a 1702a EPROM card being repaired (the regulator had been messed with and one of the MARCH members is repairing it). So eventually I'll have 2k for ROM to hold programs. For now I have a 32k bytesaver I can populate but I'm limiting myself to 2k so I can move to the 1702a card later.

      Besides "fool on the hill" or "daisy", what else do you guys think would be a good demo on a system with no terminal or serial IO at all? I want to basically have a sheet for who ever docents to startup the demos easily from ROM.

      The typical visitor audience varies BTW. We get families and we get a lot of retired military folk checking out their old base (InfoAge is housed at an old Marconi site/military base that was even used for pre-NASA space research work)

      I'm hoping to burn a prom by Friday as this weekend may be busy it's WWII weekend and we get a lot of families and kids with grandparents.

      Thanks,
      Corey
    • B Degnan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2013