Extended ROM BASIC

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2013
      An anonymous donor has provided Extended ROM BASIC 16K for us. This is the real ROM-based product from MITS that executes directly from ROM and therefore does not use RAM to store BASIC itself.

      I have uploaded the ROM content in Intel hex format into a zip file in the "Files -> EPROMS" folder.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2013
        I wanted to make a system with this ROM BASIC that could still boot and run CP/M. I decided to look in the last 256 bytes of the last ROM where the disk boot loader (DBL) ROM is normally located to see if I could patch in the DBL. Good news - the Extended BASIC ROM already has the DBL code in the upper 256 bytes!

        I generated a 48K CP/M and it runs fine in the same machine with Extended BASIC 16K in ROM.

        Mike