Cromemco Dazzler RAM compatibility question

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28 4:12 AM
      So before I start messing about with my dazzler, I have a question about RAM. Can it work in a system like a Sol-20 with 16kra/32kra cards or must it have static ram? Has anyone tried it in a system with dynamic memory?

      Just deciding which s100 system to plug it into (altair or Sol) since I don't have room for a real Cromemco in my home office.

      Thanks,
      Corey
    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28 5:24 AM
        corey986 wrote:

        > So before I start messing about with my dazzler, I have a question
        > about RAM. Can it work in a system like a Sol-20 with 16kra/32kra
        > cards or must it have static ram? Has anyone tried it in a system with
        > dynamic memory?
        >
        > Just deciding which s100 system to plug it into (altair or Sol) since I
        > don't have room for a real Cromemco in my home office.

        I have tried mine with two revs of Cromemco 64kz DRAM cards in an
        IMSAI chassis. In both cases, the pixels would occasionally flicker.
        When I switched to a CompuPro RAM17 64k SRAM card, the flickering
        went away. I made no attempt to do a detailed investigation, but I
        can say that both 64kzs passed several different memory test programs
        and I use one in another system with no problems.

        Bill S.