Re: CP/M HEX file question

    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 24, 2013
      Thanks to Jeff and Mike for getting me hooked up with the MOVCPM source. Once I saw the code, it looked very familiar. Embarrassingly, I already had the source on my computer! It is called CPMOVE.ASM.

      With brain cells dusted off, I now recall the typical steps for creation of a MOVCPM.COM file:

      CPMOVE.ASM (the actual code that does the work) is assembled, then followed with padding zeroes up to address 0800h (typical). At 0800h, the CP/M "module" in inserted. The "module" consists of the boot loader, followed by CP/M (CCP, BDOS and BIOS), followed by the relocation bitmap. This then forms the complete MOVCPM.COM file.

      Thanks again!

      Mike

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Erwin <jefferwin@...> wrote:

      > I have a version of MOVCPM.ASM that I will upload. I haven't used it so I
      > am not sure it is what you are looking for. It is a part of CompuPro CPM
      > 2-2. I seem to have the complete source to several CPM versions if you are
      > looking for stuff.
      >
      > Jeff Erwin

    • tkaragiris
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 8, 2013