Re: New full-function 1702A EPROM Programmer

    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 6, 2013
      I just uploaded the schematics and Bill of Materials for both the ME1702/A and the ME4204 EPROM programmers. Look in Files>ME EPROM Programmers.

      If anyone is interested in the firmware, I can post that as well - you will need to have Microchip's MPLAB software to assemble my code, and you will need their PICKit III to program a PIC with the resulting code. Let me know if anyone is interest.

      The manual is a little large for Yahoo - it's around 19 MB, and Yahoo seems to have a bizarre 100 MB total file limit. (Putting that in perspective, I have a 64GB thumb drive on my keychain, which cost me maybe $25. This cheap little thumb drive would be enough for 640 Yahoo groups...)

      -Martin E

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, qasimasg <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Can you share the Schematic of your 1702a Programmer?
      > if possible then send it to qasimasg@...
      >
      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, qasimasg <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > [edited by moderator]
      > > Yes Martin, I am interested in buying of MM1702AQ Programmer with complete programming accessories, so it is requested to kindly send complete quotation for MM1702AQ EPROM Programmer on qasimasg at yahoo.com or qasimasg at gmail.com
      > > waiting for your quick reply ...
      > >
      > > ====================================
      > >

      > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, corey986 wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Well thank-you to Cameron Cooper...
      > > >
      > > > He send me an answer to this... So even though I can't do 6301J, it still may be the only option I will have for 1702 eproms. So I have no choice ;)
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > Corey

    • qasimasg
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 8, 2013
        thanks for your prompt reply.
        If possible then kindly share Firmware, programming software and manual for 1702A programmer.
        waiting for your favorable reply ...

        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 9, 2013
          There come a point where you might just buy one of my kits... Are you planning to clone my programmer? If so, I expect that your costs will be higher than buying the kit from me, as I have been selling my kits at my cost (without profit), and I have been able to get a lower PC board cost by buying several at a time. Also, PC board layout matters in this design, because of the relatively high voltages and currents required to program the 1702.

          As I said in my last post, the manual pdf file is far too large to post here at Yahoo. You can find a copy of the manual here, on my Google Drive:

          https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-XdfCubTNJJSzQtRnJzc19raDA/edit?usp=sharing

          The programming software is not my property to distribute. I used MPLAB from Microchip to program the PIC microcontroller. You can find MPLAB on Microchip's website.

          I am not willing to publish my PIC firmware openly at this time, mainly because I don't want to get into discussions about how it works (it is a little complex), or other people's ideas about what is the "correct" programming style (it is written in PIC assembly language, and it uses software timing loops for critical timing). I have distributed my firmware source code to customers of the ME1702A already.

          Note, by the way, that I am out of PC boards for the ME1702/A right now, and do not plan to have any more fabricated unless I get requests for at least another 6 kits. I may have one more kit available soon, as it was lost in the mail, and has apparently resurfaced in Germany...

          Martin E

          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, qasimasg <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > thanks for your prompt reply.
          > If possible then kindly share Firmware, programming software and manual for 1702A programmer.
          > waiting for your favorable reply ...
        • frank99473
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 9, 2013
            >I may have one more kit available soon, as it was lost in the mail, and has apparently resurfaced in Germany...

            Hello from Germany,
            i am the one, that build the very last kit up to working.
            The kit is worth the money, it works perfect.
            Martin, i hope that the last kit is arrive back soon.

            Frank
          • qasimasg
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 11, 2013
              Thanks for your prompt reply.
              If it is not possible to openly share firmware then is this possible that you email me the firmware to get an idea that how code works (qasimasg@...) or (qasimasg@...), which would really helpful in writing my own code (using PIC16F877) as well as i am also working to make GUI (Graphical User Interface) in Visual Basic so that user can use it more easily.

              Looking forward for your favorable reply ...

              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 11, 2013
                You should ask some of the ME1702/A users here on this forum. I bet they will tell you that my user interface is really easy to use - and does not require *any* software on the host side beyond a simple terminal program such as Hyperterm or Teraterm. And without any host-side software, my programmer will work with any operating system - DOS, Windows, Mac OS, CP/M, Northstar DOS, whatever.

                My manual explains how the programmer works in great detail, and includes exact timing diagrams for the programming waveforms. I don't think you need my source code as a guide for your own code. Probably 90% of my code is dedicated to the user interface, which you say you plan to rewrite anyway.

                Martin

                --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, qasimasg <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Thanks for your prompt reply.
                > If it is not possible to openly share firmware then is this possible that you email me the firmware to get an idea that how code works (qasimasg@...) or (qasimasg@...), which would really helpful in writing my own code (using PIC16F877) as well as i am also working to make GUI (Graphical User Interface) in Visual Basic so that user can use it more easily.
                >
                > Looking forward for your favorable reply ...
                >
                > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "mfeberhard" <eberhard@> wrote:
                > >
                > > There come a point where you might just buy one of my kits... Are you planning to clone my programmer? If so, I expect that your costs will be higher than buying the kit from me, as I have been selling my kits at my cost (without profit), and I have been able to get a lower PC board cost by buying several at a time. Also, PC board layout matters in this design, because of the relatively high voltages and currents required to program the 1702.
                > >
                > > As I said in my last post, the manual pdf file is far too large to post here at Yahoo. You can find a copy of the manual here, on my Google Drive:
                > >
                > > https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-XdfCubTNJJSzQtRnJzc19raDA/edit?usp=sharing
                > >
                > > The programming software is not my property to distribute. I used MPLAB from Microchip to program the PIC microcontroller. You can find MPLAB on Microchip's website.
                > >
                > > I am not willing to publish my PIC firmware openly at this time, mainly because I don't want to get into discussions about how it works (it is a little complex), or other people's ideas about what is the "correct" programming style (it is written in PIC assembly language, and it uses software timing loops for critical timing). I have distributed my firmware source code to customers of the ME1702A already.
                > >
                > > Note, by the way, that I am out of PC boards for the ME1702/A right now, and do not plan to have any more fabricated unless I get requests for at least another 6 kits. I may have one more kit available soon, as it was lost in the mail, and has apparently resurfaced in Germany...
                > >
                > > Martin E
                > >
                > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, qasimasg <no_reply@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > thanks for your prompt reply.
                > > > If possible then kindly share Firmware, programming software and manual for 1702A programmer.
                > > > waiting for your favorable reply ...

              • ross.milbourne
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 17
                  Hello Martin

                  Are you still taking orders for these as I would like to buy or build one.

                  Kind regards

                  Ross