Re: Altair Basic manuals 1975, 1977, searchable versions

  • co4altair
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2013
      Nice work!

      You should do it for the 680 pdf's too!

      Co

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@...> wrote:

      > These are great! I could have really used these (and other!) manuals in searchable format six months ago!
      >
      > Great job and great idea.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "tkaragiris" <tkaragiris@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've added two new files to the files section. These are searchable versions of the 1975 and 1977 Basic manuals They're in a folder called: "Basic manuals - searchable".
      > >
      > > I've been reading through these manuals quite a bit lately. Ive run these pdf's through some OCR software that I use which makes them fully searchable. I've also optimized them for the screen by cropping the pages.
      > >
      > > I do this to all the old pdf manuals that I use regularly, it makes them much easier to use for reference if you can search for keywords. If anyone has any manuals in pdf that they need OCR'd, let me know.

    • tkaragiris
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013
        Co,

        If you give me links to the docs you want, I'll add them to the folder I've set up on here.

        Thanks,
        Theo

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
          Theo was kind enough to spend the time and effort to make numerous additional
          Altair manuals searchable. I have them hosted at
          http://altairclone.com/altair_manuals.htm

          Thanks Theo!