Re-Mastered Altair Cassettes

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2013
      I have posted remastered Altair Cassette audio in the "Cassette Tape Images" folder in the Files section. The following software cassettes are present in a single zip file:

      4K BASIC 3.2
      4K BASIC 4.0
      8K BASIC 4.0
      Extended BASIC 4.0
      Extended BASIC 4.0 (Z80 Compatible)
      Extended BASIC 4.1
      Disk BASIC 5.0

      These audio files were created programatically from digital ".tap" files and so are very "clean." They should load more reliably than an old tape. They can be played from your PC directly into your ACR or recorded on a tape recorder from your PC's headphone output.

      Let me know of any problems or additional files you'd like to see remastered.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
        I went ahead and automated the process of creating the Altair .wav files into a single program. "Data2Wav.exe" is in the "Cassette Tape Images" folder in the Files section for anyone who wants to generate .wav files from their own data files.

        Mike

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@...> wrote:

        > I have posted remastered Altair Cassette audio in the "Cassette Tape Images" folder in the Files section. The following software cassettes are present in a single zip file:
        >
        > 4K BASIC 3.2
        > 4K BASIC 4.0
        > 8K BASIC 4.0
        > Extended BASIC 4.0
        > Extended BASIC 4.0 (Z80 Compatible)
        > Extended BASIC 4.1
        > Disk BASIC 5.0
        >
        > These audio files were created programatically from digital ".tap" files and so are very "clean." They should load more reliably than an old tape. They can be played from your PC directly into your ACR or recorded on a tape recorder from your PC's headphone output.
        >
        > Let me know of any problems or additional files you'd like to see remastered.
        >
        > Mike

      • toml_12953
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
          Thank you, Mike!