Re: [Altair Computer Club] Altair 8800 Nameplates

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2013
      John,

      Send me an email so I can reply to it with picture attachments. This board doesn't provide your full e-mail address and attachments can't be added to emails sent from the forum. Thanks!

      Mike

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, John Crane <john_crane_59@...> wrote:

      > Yes, I'm interested!
      >
      > Can I see a pic?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > -John

    • toml_12953
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
        Mike,
        Could you add the photos to the Photos section?

        How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal? I see a lot of ADM-3As available but always missing that cover plate! I bet there'd be a good market for a silk-screened cover plate. Of course there were three color schemes depending on the color of the case: Light blue with dark blue lettering for the blue case, tan with dark brown lettering for the tan case and white with black lettering for the white case.

        Tom L

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
          Tom,

          I added pictures of the nameplate to the Photos section (phone camera photos - sorry!). You can also see the nameplate attached to a computer on the Altair Clone website (http://AltairClone.com).

          Mike

          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "toml_12953" <tlake@...> wrote:

          > Mike,
          > Could you add the photos to the Photos section?
          >
          > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal? I see a lot of ADM-3As available but always missing that cover plate! I bet there'd be a good market for a silk-screened cover plate. Of course there were three color schemes depending on the color of the case: Light blue with dark blue lettering for the blue case, tan with dark brown lettering for the tan case and white with black lettering for the white case.
          >
          > Tom L
          >
          > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@> wrote:
          > >
          > > John,
          > >
          > > Send me an email so I can reply to it with picture attachments. This board doesn't provide your full e-mail address and attachments can't be added to emails sent from the forum. Thanks!
          > >
          > > Mike
          > >

          > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, John Crane <john_crane_59@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Yes, I'm interested!
          > > >
          > > > Can I see a pic?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > >
          > > > -John

        • steve
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
            I bought one of Mike's nameplates a while back- it's about as close to the original as you're likely to get. Looks very good.

            Steve
            ==================================

            --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@...> wrote:

            > Tom,
            >
            > I added pictures of the nameplate to the Photos section (phone camera photos - sorry!). You can also see the nameplate attached to a computer on the Altair Clone website (http://AltairClone.com).
            >
            > Mike
            >
            > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "toml_12953" <tlake@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Mike,
            > > Could you add the photos to the Photos section?
            > >
            > > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal? I see a lot of ADM-3As available but always missing that cover plate! I bet there'd be a good market for a silk-screened cover plate. Of course there were three color schemes depending on the color of the case: Light blue with dark blue lettering for the blue case, tan with dark brown lettering for the tan case and white with black lettering for the white case.
            > >
            > > Tom L
            > >
            > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > John,
            > > >
            > > > Send me an email so I can reply to it with picture attachments. This board doesn't provide your full e-mail address and attachments can't be added to emails sent from the forum. Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > Mike

          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
              "toml_12953" wrote:
              > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal?

              Hi,

              I just put up two high res scans of my original blue/blue
              cover plate here:

              http://wsudbrink.dyndns.org:8080/images/adm3a

              The color is pretty good, ruler in scan for reference, the dust
              that is so obvious in the scans is practically invisible when
              you hold the thing in your hand.

              Enjoy,

              Bill S.
            • W Tom
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
                I bought my ADM 3 from a co-worker at Pertec. I still have the switch cover plate in parts storage. Maybe it is time to put it on.

                I've never seen one, but the image in the link below shows a custom Altair switch cover:

                http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtualaltair.com/images/Altair%20ADM%203-1.jpg

                W. Tom S.
                --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink" wrote:

                > "toml_12953" wrote:
                > > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal?
                >
                > Hi,
                >
                > I just put up two high res scans of my original blue/blue
                > cover plate here:
                >
                > http://wsudbrink.dyndns.org:8080/images/adm3a
                >
                > The color is pretty good, ruler in scan for reference, the dust
                > that is so obvious in the scans is practically invisible when
                > you hold the thing in your hand.
                >
                > Enjoy,
                >
                > Bill S.

              • corey986
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
                  I cheated, I use an ADM-5, the face plate space is used up by shifting the keyboard over so they can fit a numeric keypad.

                  Cheers,
                  Corey