Altair 8800 Nameplates

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 1:18 PM
      I had a small batch of brushed aluminum nameplates for the Altair 8800 made if anyone needs one. The MITS logo and blue swoosh are not raised, but the nameplate still looks really good. @$10 plus shipping. Email me for pictures.

      Mike
    • John Crane
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 8:57 PM
        Yes, I'm interested!

        Can I see a pic?

        Thanks,

        -John

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 8:14 AM
          John,

          Send me an email so I can reply to it with picture attachments. This board doesn't provide your full e-mail address and attachments can't be added to emails sent from the forum. Thanks!

          Mike

          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, John Crane <john_crane_59@...> wrote:

          > Yes, I'm interested!
          >
          > Can I see a pic?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > -John

        • toml_12953
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
            Mike,
            Could you add the photos to the Photos section?

            How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal? I see a lot of ADM-3As available but always missing that cover plate! I bet there'd be a good market for a silk-screened cover plate. Of course there were three color schemes depending on the color of the case: Light blue with dark blue lettering for the blue case, tan with dark brown lettering for the tan case and white with black lettering for the white case.

            Tom L

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
              Tom,

              I added pictures of the nameplate to the Photos section (phone camera photos - sorry!). You can also see the nameplate attached to a computer on the Altair Clone website (http://AltairClone.com).

              Mike

              --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "toml_12953" <tlake@...> wrote:

              > Mike,
              > Could you add the photos to the Photos section?
              >
              > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal? I see a lot of ADM-3As available but always missing that cover plate! I bet there'd be a good market for a silk-screened cover plate. Of course there were three color schemes depending on the color of the case: Light blue with dark blue lettering for the blue case, tan with dark brown lettering for the tan case and white with black lettering for the white case.
              >
              > Tom L
              >
              > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@> wrote:
              > >
              > > John,
              > >
              > > Send me an email so I can reply to it with picture attachments. This board doesn't provide your full e-mail address and attachments can't be added to emails sent from the forum. Thanks!
              > >
              > > Mike
              > >

              > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, John Crane <john_crane_59@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Yes, I'm interested!
              > > >
              > > > Can I see a pic?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > >
              > > > -John

            • steve
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 16, 2013
                I bought one of Mike's nameplates a while back- it's about as close to the original as you're likely to get. Looks very good.

                Steve
                ==================================

                --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@...> wrote:

                > Tom,
                >
                > I added pictures of the nameplate to the Photos section (phone camera photos - sorry!). You can also see the nameplate attached to a computer on the Altair Clone website (http://AltairClone.com).
                >
                > Mike
                >
                > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "toml_12953" <tlake@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Mike,
                > > Could you add the photos to the Photos section?
                > >
                > > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal? I see a lot of ADM-3As available but always missing that cover plate! I bet there'd be a good market for a silk-screened cover plate. Of course there were three color schemes depending on the color of the case: Light blue with dark blue lettering for the blue case, tan with dark brown lettering for the tan case and white with black lettering for the white case.
                > >
                > > Tom L
                > >
                > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "deramp5113" <deramp5113@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > John,
                > > >
                > > > Send me an email so I can reply to it with picture attachments. This board doesn't provide your full e-mail address and attachments can't be added to emails sent from the forum. Thanks!
                > > >
                > > > Mike

              • Bill Sudbrink
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
                  "toml_12953" wrote:
                  > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal?

                  Hi,

                  I just put up two high res scans of my original blue/blue
                  cover plate here:

                  http://wsudbrink.dyndns.org:8080/images/adm3a

                  The color is pretty good, ruler in scan for reference, the dust
                  that is so obvious in the scans is practically invisible when
                  you hold the thing in your hand.

                  Enjoy,

                  Bill S.
                • W Tom
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
                    I bought my ADM 3 from a co-worker at Pertec. I still have the switch cover plate in parts storage. Maybe it is time to put it on.

                    I've never seen one, but the image in the link below shows a custom Altair switch cover:

                    http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtualaltair.com/images/Altair%20ADM%203-1.jpg

                    W. Tom S.
                    --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink" wrote:

                    > "toml_12953" wrote:
                    > > How about the switch cover plate for the ADM-3/3A terminal?
                    >
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I just put up two high res scans of my original blue/blue
                    > cover plate here:
                    >
                    > http://wsudbrink.dyndns.org:8080/images/adm3a
                    >
                    > The color is pretty good, ruler in scan for reference, the dust
                    > that is so obvious in the scans is practically invisible when
                    > you hold the thing in your hand.
                    >
                    > Enjoy,
                    >
                    > Bill S.

                  • corey986
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 17, 2013
                      I cheated, I use an ADM-5, the face plate space is used up by shifting the keyboard over so they can fit a numeric keypad.

                      Cheers,
                      Corey