Need Help Identifying Two kinds of S-100 Boards

  • Kip Koon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2013

      Hi Guys,

      I need a little help in identifying a little S-100 computer I pulled off the storage shelf last night.

      It is a Processing Innovations S-100 computer with a unique front panel with three Z80 CPU boards which are called “Simple SAM Board Rev B © 1983 Processing Innovations.  Each cpu board has a Z80, a Z80 PIO and a Z80 DART chip on them with 16 sockets.

      All three cpu boards have installed nine 2016 static ram chips.  They also have varied numbers of 2716s with some custom programming in them.

      I’d like to find some documentation on these 3 Z80 CPU boards in the hopes of creating a Multi-Z80 microprocessor Multi-user based system of some sort.  Maybe independent CP/M systems, or a multi-user MP/M system.  May be even run the Altair Time-sharing Basic since each board also has two 10-pin serial ports that connect to DB25 connectors via a little interface board mounted on each connector and there is a bunch of them included in the system.  They also have a bunch of configuration switches on them.

      Since the Motherboard has 7-slots of which 3 have the cpu boards with the custom front panel, that leaves 3 more slots for some type of mass storage and other capabilities.

      Can I include a few pictures in an email?  I’m not sure if there is a limit to email size for this group.  I’m using Outlook because it keeps all my email accounts in one place.  I have absolutely no knowledge on these boards or any other S-100 board for that matter.  I can include pictures of the cpu cards and the front panel along with the chassis to aid in identification in an email as soon as I know it is ok to do so.  Thanks a bunch guys in advance for helping me with my restoration projects.

      Kip