Re: So I am displaying my Altair at the Trenton Computer Festival this weekend

  • steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14, 2013
      Corey-

      Have you considered running the "Bicycle Built For Two" program that broadcasts tunes to a nearby AM radio?

      The program is here:
      http://vintagecomputer.net/cisc367/dr%20dobbs%20feb%201976%20Music%20With%20Altair.pdf

      Running on my Altair, you can hear what the 2 tunes sound like here:
      http://home.comcast.net/~webdisk3/Daisy/Daisy.mp3

      and here:
      http://home.comcast.net/~webdisk3/Daisy/Fool.mp3

      Steve
      ====================================

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, corey986 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > So the MidAtlanticRetroComputing Hobbyists aka MARCH will have a display at the festival this weekend. I'm bringing my restored Altair for my display. I've been pretty heads down with work this week so I haven't prepared too much till now, so....
      >
      > Anyone have an idea what program should I run?
      >
      > Currently I only have 12k in the system, I haven't finished checking out another 4k MITS ram card, but I guess I could finish that tomorrow or throw an IMSAI or IMS memory card in to bring me to 16k or 20k.
      >
      > I expect to be loading either 4k or 8k basic, so any suggestions...
      >
      > We are going to be using a terminal so text based games would be fine. I was thinking Elisa or Star Trek or something like that...
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Corey

    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013
        > Have you considered running the "Bicycle Built For Two" program that broadcasts tunes to a nearby AM radio?

        Classic demo, most people like it...have to use it sparingly though, or everyone around you goes insane :D

        > The program is here:
        > http://vintagecomputer.net/cisc367/dr%20dobbs%20feb%201976%20Music%20With%20Altair.pdf

        I also have it in ROM to be run from address 0x0000 (we burned it with my Dajen SCI as soon as it worked, our bleeding fingertips thanked us). I can bring this with me to Trenton if you want. Bring your 1702A programmer and a blank 1702A or two and you can burn it into (old) ROM -- it'll fit.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan
      • B Degnan
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013
          I'll bring my 1702 burner and I may have an addressable 1702 prom board.  not sure.

          > Have you considered running the "Bicycle Built For Two" program that
          broadcasts tunes to a nearby AM radio?

          Classic demo, most people like it...have to use it sparingly though, or everyone
          around you goes insane :D

          > The program is here: > http://vintagecomputer.net/cisc367/dr%20dobbs%20feb%201976%20Music%20With%20Altair.pdf
          I also have it in ROM to be run from address 0x0000 (we burned it with my Dajen SCI as soon as it worked, our bleeding fingertips thanked us). I can bring this with me to Trenton if you want. Bring your 1702A programmer and a blank 1702A or two and you can burn it into (old) ROM -- it'll fit. Thanks, Jonathan ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altaircomputerclub/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altaircomputerclub/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: altaircomputerclub-digest@yahoogroups.com altaircomputerclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: altaircomputerclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • corey986
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013
            Sure I'll bring my programmer and a spare rom. Perfect. Don't have an old radio, but I have something that may work...

            Thanks,
            Corey
            --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...> wrote:

            > > Have you considered running the "Bicycle Built For Two" program that broadcasts tunes to a nearby AM radio?
            >
            > Classic demo, most people like it...have to use it sparingly though, or everyone around you goes insane :D
            >
            > > The program is here:
            > > http://vintagecomputer.net/cisc367/dr%20dobbs%20feb%201976%20Music%20With%20Altair.pdf
            >
            > I also have it in ROM to be run from address 0x0000 (we burned it with my Dajen SCI as soon as it worked, our bleeding fingertips thanked us). I can bring this with me to Trenton if you want. Bring your 1702A programmer and a blank 1702A or two and you can burn it into (old) ROM -- it'll fit.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Jonathan

          • corey986
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013
              I have a couple of 1702 prom boards, it's kinda of thing. I collect rom boards. I'll bring my MITS and PT 1702A rom boards and my programmer anyway.

              See you guys tomorrow!!!
              Cheers,
              Corey

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013