PCGET, PCPUT file transfer utilities, the chicken and the egg

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2013
      PCGET and PCPUT are CP/M file transfer utilities that make it simple to get files back and forth between a vintage CP/M system and a PC using a serial port. I have posted Altair compatible versions of these programs in the Burcon CP/M folder in the Files section.

      File transfer occurs over the console serial port (1st port on a 2SIO board) using the XMODEM protocol. Most any terminal emulator program you use on the PC will support XMODEM transfers.

      Once PCGET is on the CP/M system, subsequent file transfer is simple. However, getting PCGET onto the CP/M machine for the first time is the classic chicken and egg quandary.

      I have posted instructions in the Burcon CP/M folder (in the "PCGET and PCPUT" subfolder) documenting a fairly simple method for getting PCGET onto the CP/M machine for the first time. Once PCGET is loaded, then PCGET can be used to load PCPUT. After that, you're all set!