Re: YouTube video of my Altair 8800 (5th one assembled)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      Wow - that computer is in pristine condition! Good information presented in the video.

      Mike

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "craig.solomonson" <craig.solomonson@...> wrote:

      > I recently did some videos on my computer collection and posted on
      > YouTube. I thought some might like to see my Altair purchased at an
      > electronics swap meet in Minneapolis in the early 1980's. I always
      > figured it had a pretty large serial number until I discovered the
      > Altair registry through this group several years ago. Turns out that I
      > had the fifth one assembled at the factory (#220005A). It is in nice
      > original condition and contains 4 cards that I show in the video. The
      > URL is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGx60c85Xbg
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGx60c85Xbg>

    • steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
        Craig-

        That's a very nice computer- I haven't seen a cleaner one or an earlier one. You gave a lot of interesting info in the video that I hadn't heard before. Even more than the Altair video, I really enjoyed hearing about your Intel Proto Computer- it's a beautiful thing. It's amazing what turns up at swap meets.

        All of your YouTube posts are very informative and well presented. Thanks for directing us to them.

        Steve