[Altair Computer Club] Sol-20 troubleshooting update.

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 24, 2013
      So I got a replacement 18000uf cap for about $8 plus shipping. Since there was a $15 minimum I also got a couple of exact replacement Apple II keyboard lamps I found while trying to get to $15 bucks.

      Anyway. The supply now makes a little over 5V and I plugged my personality module in and hooked my board up and I have perfect video and got a solos prompt.

      Can't do anymore testing till I rebuild my keyboard in a week or so, I have a couple of other small favor restoration/build projects to do first but this is awesome because now I'm up to the planned part of the Sol restoration, the keyboard and cosmetic cleanup for the case and motherboard.

      Thanks everyone who helped!!!

      Cheers,
      Corey
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 24, 2013
        Nothing more satisfying than making some progress!

        Mike