3P+S pretenting to be a MITS 88-2SIO update running basic...

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2012
      Well finally got power back during the week and had some time today to go back and finish this little project.

      Success!!! (with TeraTerm, still need to work on the settings for Zterm on mac)

      So the only issue I think is related to my cabling. I think with all the extensions I needed to run the cables (2 extensions) from the back of the machine to my laptop's USB to serial cable and needing a 9pin to 25 pin adapter, I couldn't get a clean load. I'd have a lot of errors. I reduced the speed to 1200 from 9600 and perfect load every time with 32ms delay on character and line. I may be able to increase the speed, but 1200 is fine for me for now. I will try 9600 after I hook up a TCPIP to RS232 box next to the altair during the week to it to avoid the nearly 23 feet of rs232 cables. I just need to write a piece of software that will let me send a binary file over a telnet with a character delay (haven't found an out of the box program yet). Then I should be able to just use a telnet as a terminal for now until I get something a bit more authentic.

      Thanks to everyone who helped....

      Cheers,
      Corey