Re: [Altair Computer Club] 3P+S Success

  • B Degnan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2012
      Oh, I will try them both, thanks

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Systems Glitch <systems.glitch@...>
      To: altaircomputerclub <altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, Oct 31, 2012 9:17 pm
      Subject: Re: [Altair Computer Club] 3P+S Success

      Forgot to mention that we also used the echo program from the earlier 3P+S
      thread, which IIRC someone said came from the BASIC manual.
      On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:27:16 -0400 (EDT)
      B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > Martin and Corey, > > Thanks for the info and thread on the 3P+S. This weekend our computer club
      had a workshop and we got an Altair 8800a with a 3P+3 commuicating with a teletype - We sent a D character (Jon C. of this group toggled in a short program to send the character)
      > http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2012/fall/thm_MITS_Altair_PTEC_3P-S_DPrints.jpg > > We also got it echo-ing what we typed. > > Jon, > Can you post the hex or octal code listing you used this weekend, for echo
      characters? Would it be the same thing as the 2SIO and/or was it different (or did you make up on the spot)? Assuming we have the 3P+S supposedly set to emulate the 2SIO, it would be a good test to see if the echo program behaves the same, before we attempt to download BASIC. I will still try anyway on my own, as soon as I get the chance.
      ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altaircomputerclub/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altaircomputerclub/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: altaircomputerclub-digest@yahoogroups.com altaircomputerclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: altaircomputerclub-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/