RE: [Altair Computer Club] Anyone have schematics for the MITS 88-4MCS Static Ram Card

  • Tom at Home
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2012

    Hi Corey,

    I’m the engineer that designed the 88-4MCS card - a long time ago.

    I have  a complete manual with schematics and tech data – it’s about 10Mb PDF.

    See attached – I hope this helps.

    Tom Durston

    I can find the instructions to build it easy enough, but I need the schematics to troubleshoot an issue with the protect/unprotect from the front panel. I know someone who can scan the schematics for me, but if you have a PDF or something already I can save him some work and myself some hair.

    Thanks,
    Corey

  • corey986
    Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
      Thanks, that should help a lot.

      Cheers,
      Corey

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom at Home" <tdurston@...> wrote:

      > Hi Corey,
      >
      > I'm the engineer that designed the 88-4MCS card - a long time ago.
      >
      > I have a complete manual with schematics and tech data - it's about 10Mb
      > PDF.
      >
      > See attached - I hope this helps.
      >

      > Tom Durston
      >
      > _____

    • B Degnan
      Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
        Corey,
        What a find, where did you find an unbuilt MITS 4MCS RAM card?

        I can find the instructions to build it easy enough, but I need the schematics
        to troubleshoot an issue with the protect/unprotect from the front panel.  I
        know someone who can scan the schematics for me, but if you have a PDF or
        something already I can save him some work and myself some hair.

        Thanks,
        Corey

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            altaircomputerclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
            altaircomputerclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • corey986
        Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2012
          Bill,

          Not really unbuilt, just half built (it's a 2MCS RAM Card, which is a 4 with half the RAM sockets installed). I just have problems with the protect/unprotect not working correctly. I started tracing the card because I couldn't find schematics and started losing my mind tracing it. The build instructions were easy enough to find, but I couldn't find a pdf of the schematics to figure out what I should check with my logic probe.

          Cheers,
          Corey