Altair 680 KCACR Loader Firmware

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012
      I found an EPROM in one of my 680Bt machines that is labeled "680CBL KCACR". This EPROM was located in the socket at address FD00; the machine also had the standard ACIA EPROM in the FF00 socket. I believe this EPROM is the 680's boot loader for loading from cassette tape.

      I don't yet have a cassette tape interface for my 680b. But I took the opportunity to read the EPROM (using my new ME1702A EPROM programmer), and upload its contents.

      I haven't yet seen this code published on the web. If you are interested, I've uploaded the image to a folder called Altair 680 EPROM images.