8800B switches

  • dsroelov
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2012
      i know this has come up a million times before, so what's one more. does anyone have a bottom row switch (or two) for an 8800B and would be willing to part with it? as we all know, the long bat flat paddle switches are no longer manufactured.

      i could replace the entire row with matching smaller bats, but i would prefer to use a working original if possible. not to mention that i would also prefer to only replace one switch rather than eight.

      thanks.

      --- dave
    • steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2012
        Dave,

        Both types of flat-handle switches (2- and 3-position) are available now on ebay for $15/each (no affiliation with me). They look like the correct length handles, but I would advise you to contact the seller to confirm before bidding. Correct handle length is 0.65 inch.

        Ebay item number 300655708264 and 300655709212 .

        The switch specs are in FILES > STEVE'S FILES > SOURCES FOR 8800B TOGGLE SWITCHES.PDF. Other possible sources are listed in that document too.

        The 8800b Turnkey computer uses a little front panel interface board with a couple of LEDs and switches mounted on it. Sometimes those boards show up on ebay. The switches (one of each type) are the same as used on the 8800b full front panel .

        Steve
        ===========================

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "dsroelov" <dave@...> wrote:

        > i know this has come up a million times before, so what's one more. does anyone have a bottom row switch (or two) for an 8800B and would be willing to part with it? as we all know, the long bat flat paddle switches are no longer manufactured.
        >
        > i could replace the entire row with matching smaller bats, but i would prefer to use a working original if possible. not to mention that i would also prefer to only replace one switch rather than eight.
        >
        > thanks.
        >
        > --- dave

      • David
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2013
          It is my turn to ask this question of the group again. I too am looking for replacement switches for my Altair 8800, I don't know how I got the 8800B style switches in my kit a month club, but they are the flat-handle switches as described in this message below, over a year ago.
          Any new leads of a source? The Ebay items are long gone, and I can not located them, they have been removed.

          Thank you kindly
          David Keith