Altair Serial Number # 21

  • mr_john_smith@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2011
      Great video of a very early Altair Micro computer

      http://youtu.be/fxCC0NZ7gLM

      -
      MrSmith
    • David Larsen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
        Hi Thanks for the comment - I am never sure if anyone looks at the videos -  I have a number of the MITTS products in my collection and found Ed Roberts to be great guy and fascinating. Their is audio interview with him on David Greelish site classiccomputing - Warmest Regards Dave in Floyd VA

        --
        David Larsen
        LCF Group, Floyd Virginia
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
          David-

          That's a very well done and informative video. Thanks for posting it. Just one small correction: 'Micro Instrumentation & Telemetry Systems' was unofficially shortened to 'MITS' for convenience. Later the company name was officially changed to simply 'MITS'. There weren't two T's in the name - it was always 'MITS', not 'MITTS'.

          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, David Larsen <floydlcfgroup@...> wrote:

          > Hi Thanks for the comment - I am never sure if anyone looks at the videos
          > - I have a number of the MITTS products in my collection and found Ed
          > Roberts to be great guy and fascinating. Their is audio interview with him
          > on David Greelish site classiccomputing - Warmest Regards Dave in Floyd VA
          >
          > On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 3:29 AM, mr_john_smith@... <
          > mr_john_smith@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Great video of a very early Altair Micro computer
          > >
          > > http://youtu.be/fxCC0NZ7gLM
          > >
          > > -
          > > MrSmith
          > >

          > --
          > David Larsen
          > LCF Group, Floyd Virginia
          > 1-540-745-2322
          > Floyd Professional Center
          > 1-540-808-2880

        • David Larsen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2012
            Hi Steve - Thanks for the correction - Yes I should have known better it was careless on my part for sure.  It should be imprinted better on my mind now - you would think after all these years I have known and had the products it would not have happened.  I think a bit of it is older age but lets not go their .   Warmest Regards Dave

            --
            David Larsen
            LCF Group, Floyd Virginia